IFAS Internal Management Memoranda
IFAS; Mission of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
EFFECTIVE DATE: December 1, 2007
INTERNAL MANAGEMENT MEMORANDUM: 6C1-6.110-3 (Revised)
SUBJECT: IFAS; Mission of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
The mission of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences is to provide undergraduate and graduate students with a high quality education that results in knowledge and abilities for gainful employment and additional education, productive citizenship, and lifelong learning in the areas of food, agriculture, natural resources, and life sciences as they relate to human resources, the environment, individual communities, and a global society.
To achieve excellence, the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences promotes these core values in fulfilling the IFAS mission.
- Respect, honesty, integrity, fairness and cooperation
- Academic excellence grounded in science
- Diversity of people and ideas
- Programs relevant to the needs of students, Florida and the world
- Student growth and development
- Quality teaching and advising
- Service to faculty, students, staff and stakeholders
- Fulfilling the Land Grant mission in partnership with research and extension