IFAS Internal Management Memoranda
IFAS; Space and Facilities Committee
EFFECTIVE DATE: April 22, 2010
INTERNAL MANAGEMENT MEMORANDUM NUMBER: 6C1-6.80-1 (Revised)
SUBJECT: IFAS; Space and Facilities Committee
- The IFAS Space and Facilities Committee is appointed by and is advisory to the Senior Vice President for Agriculture and Natural Resources in the following areas:
- Planning utilization of all IFAS space (building and property), including the operation and maintenance of a space management information system.
- Assignment or reassignment of IFAS space.
- Reviewing all proposals for alterations, improvements and renovations to IFAS facilities and recommending spending plans from Fixed Capital Outlay sources.
- Initiation of new major construction planning.
- Reviewing all proposals on new construction of IFAS minor buildings and recommending funding from Fixed Capital Outlay sources.
- Reviewing elements of University Master Plan which are of interest to IFAS.
- Reviewing requests from units for exterior signs for campus buildings.
- The committee is composed of three associate deans or their designee (one each from research, extension and academic programs), the Executive Associate Vice President for Agriculture and Natural Resources (who will serve as the Chair),an appointee from the UF/IFAS Center Directors and an appointee from the UF/IFAS Department Chairs. The latter two appointees will be selected by their respective group and will serve two-year alternating terms. The initial representative from the Center Directors will serve a three-year term beginning July 1, 1996 and ending June 30, 1999, and the initial representative from the Department Chairs will serve a two-year term beginning July 1, 1996 and ending June 30, 1998. Also, the chair of the Infrastructure and Resources Committee of the Faculty Assembly will be a representative.
The Director of the Office of Facilities Planning and Operations will serve as an ex-officio member of the committee. Others may be asked to meet with the committee from time to time as deemed appropriate by the committee.
- The committee meets monthly. Special meetings of the committee may be called by the chair.